A diamond in its uniqueness is a symbol of purity, love and fidelity, and an expression of strength of character, ethics and fidelity to a loved one. Oh, the perfect beauty of a diamond! While we know that diamond is the first choice for engagement rings and is gorgeous in earrings or as a pendant, there are many in the history of this fancy stone that you may have never heard of.
Here are some fascinating facts about diamonds worth knowing:
- Diamonds are billions of years old; in some cases it is over three billion years old.
- According to the ancient Greeks, diamonds were shards of stars that fell to the ground.
- Diamonds are created in rainbow Colors, depending on the minerals present at the time of their formation.
- Diamonds are known as symbols of strength, courage and invincibility.
- On average, a diamond will lose approximately 50% of its original weight when ground and polished.
- The word diamonds comes from the Greek word “adamas” which means “unconquerable and indestructible.”
- The tradition of wearing an engagement ring on the fourth finger of the left hand dates back to the early Egyptian belief that the vena of love (vein of love) ran directly from the heart to the tip of the finger.
- The largest cut diamond is the Great Star of Africa – 530 carats.
- A diamond in the rough looks so similar to a pebble that most people just walk past it without looking at it again.
- The largest diamond ever discovered weighed 3106 carats.
- In order to produce one carat diamond, 250 tons of earth have to be mined, which shows how precious and rare diamonds are.
Diamonds are always a perfect gift
Diamond earrings can make the perfect gift, whether you give them as a gift or buy them for yourself as a well-deserved gift. You can almost never go wrong offering a wonderful pair of diamond earrings and a new pair of fancy earrings that are always a great addition to your elegant Jewellery. You can check popular jewellery store like Make Vana for diamond look of cubic zirconia jewelry But what do you need to know when buying diamond earrings? Here are some things to consider: The cost of diamond earrings depends primarily on the value of the diamonds used to make the diamond earrings; meaning diamonds should have great Color, a clarity that indicates how clean the diamond is, a satisfactory carat weight and most importantly, have a perfect cut.
In some eras, craftsmen sometimes pay less attention to the intrinsic value of materials than their aesthetic function as an overall effect. Therefore, they can be made of steel or plastic instead of gold or platinum pins. In addition, in addition to its decorative function, Women Jewellery has also been used as a sign of social status like silver bangles for most of its history and known to prevent evil and bring Amulet of good luck. But with all these myths aside, nothing even comes in comparison with diamonds.
How much are your diamond earrings worth? After you have thoroughly checked the diamonds in your Diamond Earring in this way, you can check your future purchase against a certificate issued by reputable gemology laboratories for the diamond itself. This leads you to understand how much your diamond earrings should be worth – because some diamonds have a higher value than others.